7 Best Wireless Security Camera Systems of 2017
There is much that needs to be considered before purchasing the best wireless security camera for your individual requirements.
We hope that the following information will help clarify matters and give you the opportunity to find the very best system in 2017 in the UK for your needs and to suit your budget.
What’s the best wireless CCTV?
We reviewed seven so you can pick what suits you best!
|Annke 8CH ProHD||8|
|Arlo Smart Home||4|
|Annke 4CH 960P||4|
1. Annke 8CH ProHD 1080N 960* 1080 CCTV DVR+ 4×1.30 Megapixels
At a Glance
- 30-megapixel weatherproof CCTV camera
- Onvif compatible Hybrid recorder
- Superior 100 ft superior Night Vision
- Email Alert & Motion detection
- Smart recording mode & playback supported
- Amazed Quick QR Code Scan & P2P
- Easy & Quick Remote Access – anywhere in the world
- 4 x HD 1.30 IP66 Professional CCTV cameras, capable of real-time Pro HD video
- 6 mm lens & 60o viewing angle
- View & record with remote viewing on standard web browsers
- No batteries are required
|Item Weight||6 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||37.5 x 19 x 36 cm|
|Item model number||PK-884AAT1T|
|Security kit includes||1× 8CH 1080N DVR, 1TB HDD included
8× 1.3MP wired cameras
|Specifications||Video compression: H.264 (High Profile) to save storage space
Encode capacity: 8*1080N@12FPS
Video input/ output: 8CH BNC/ 1CH VGA, 1CH HDMI
Audio input/ output: 4CH RCA/ 1CH RCA
Recording & Playback & Backup resolution: 720P
Playback: 4CH 720P/ 2CH 1080N
Network interface: RJ45 10M/100M
PTZ control: 1*RS485
USB: 2* USB 2.0
HDD: 1*SATA port (support up to 6TB)
Progressive 1/3″ colour 1.3MP image sensor
High resolution: 1280*960P
Built-in IR-cut filter, colour on day, auto switch to B&W at night
Equipped with high-quality LEDs up to 30M night vision
Weatherproof: IP66, indoor & outdoor
With easy and quick remote access there is no longer any difficulty with DDNS and network configuration. You can access your cameras anytime you wish from anywhere in the world.
The motion detection feature enables you to record only when motion is detected. In this way, you can save hard drive storage space and never miss any important event. There is plug & play setup, access and control. You can use scan QR code on DVR from Annke desired application to access live viewing and playback instantly.
You can backup on USB easily. Display features of HDMI and VGA output. There are multiple recording modes and playback. All systems are CE & FCC certified with UL compliant power supplies.
There is a full year’s guarantee with warranty and lifetime support offered exclusively by Annke via email or phone.
Another feature is the all-in-one 8CH 108ON DVR w/1.3 megapixels HD CCTV camera. The Professional Smart HD security camera system is easy to use, reliable and secure. You can record top-quality widescreen video through 8 1.3 MP hi-resolution cameras. Installation and setup are easily done yourself.
Incredible 4 in one DVR supports Analog, AHD, TVI and IP camera connection. There is full weatherproofing, advanced motion detection, night vision, QR-code scans for easy setup, remote web browser and Smartphone viewing and exceptional long-distance transmission.
2. Arlo Smart Home – 3 HD Security Camera Kit, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor with Night Vision by NETGEAR
At a Glance
- No trailing cables or wiring difficulties
- Motion alerts – notifications & emails if motion detected
- Night vision
- HD quality sharp 720p live video
- Free Cloud storage
|Item Weight||113 g|
|Product Dimensions||4.1 x 6.4 x 7.1 cm|
|Batteries:||4 Lithium Metal batteries required and included|
|Item Model Number||VMS3330-100EUS|
|RAM Size||128 MB|
|Number of Ethernet Ports||1|
|Power Source||Battery operated|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries packed with equipment|
|1 x (3) HD, 100% wire-free, indoor/outdoor cameras with night vision 1 Smart home base station with power adapter
1 Ethernet cable
4 Magnetic camera mounts
4 Mounting screws
1 Quick start guide
1 Window Decal
The Arlo camera is completely wireless, which makes it ideal for inside or outside use. It is weatherproof with motion detection and night vision for work in the dark. You can add other free apps to view live video at home or away safely. It sends you real-time alerts wherever you are and can capture clips. The HD gives higher detail. Setup is easy, no computer is necessary.
You can add up to 8 cameras as and when required.
Since Arlo records only when motion is detected, no battery gets wasted. The best area for motion detection is 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 – 6 M) from the placement of the camera. Optimal placement for cameras is 7 feet above the ground, aimed downwards slightly.
You can view anywhere with iOS and Android apps. Up to 1 GB, secure cloud storage included. They enable you to view four video streams simultaneously and create and schedule Smart home rules.
3. Zmodo 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 Indoor/ Outdoor Night Vision
At a Glance
- 720P Security Cameras and WD 1TB 3.5 Inch SATA Surveillance HDD
- PoE Technology, e-Cloud
- Smartphone Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access
- Pittsburgh Police “Virtual Block Watch”.
- Up To 70 Days Basic Recording & 300 Days Smart Recording
- Delivers Power & Video in one cable.
- 2 years warranty.
|Item Weight||4 Kg|
|Product dimensions||8.7 x 1.6 x 8.3 cm – 4 Kg|
|Item Model No.||ZPM-KEITO4-S-ITB|
|Connectivity Type||POE Wireless, over IP|
|Box contains||1 NVR
4 Bullet Cameras
1 Power Adapter
This item has been chosen by Pittsburg Police in Virtual Block Watch Program to fight crime. The all in one, 4 channel NVR kit connects with 4 exterior 720p cameras and setup is easily completed in minutes. These cameras transmit power and video using the same network cable. You only need to connect one cable to each camera. Then plug in the NVR, connect the cameras to the NVR with provided cables and your system will automatically start recording video.
4. DBPOWER Wireless 4CH CCTV DVR Day Night Security Camera Surveillance System 4 digital Cameras with 7″ TFT LCD DVR
At a Glance
- 4CH digital wireless camera & DVR system kit
- Simple installation- no cables required
- 7″ LCD monitor with integrated video recorder
- Supports up to 32GB TF card (not included).
- Supports 4 cameras/ 24hours/7days non-stop overwrite recording
|Boxed-product weight||1.8 Kg|
|Item Model No:||BWYSFG|
|Receiving Frequency:||2.400GHz-.480GHz universal digital|
|LCD Size||7 inch digital screen|
|Resolution||800*3 (RGB) *480|
|Video output||PAL & NTSC|
|Temperature display range||0|
|Reception open distance||300M (1000 feet)|
|Camera Parameters Transmitting freq.||2.400GHz-2.480HGz|
|Universal digital freq. trans. power||17dBm|
|Imaging Device||¼ CMOS image sensor|
|Effective pixels||PLA628(H)x582 (V) NTSC510(H)x492(V)|
|Horizontal resolution||380TV Line|
|Transmission signal||Image, sound|
|Minimum illumination||0Lux (IR ON) /5LUX (IR OFF)|
|Open transmission distance||300M (1000 feet)|
|Package includes||1 Receiver
1 A/V cable
1 Suction cup holder
This system is easy to install and has no wiring, the 4 channel digital wireless and DVR system is all-digital wireless with no loss of privacy or interference. There is a 7 inch LCD with built-in video recorder. It supports four cameras 24/7, coverage recording without interruption. It has various display modes including manual, circular and four screens. It also features a 15M range of night vision. The product also supports large screen video output. The 32GB TF card is not included in the package.
5. ZOSI 8CH 960P HD WIFI NVR Security Wireless Network Camera System IP Surveillance Camera
At a Glance
- Wireless 8CH 960p NVR without hard disk
- 960p High-resolution IP camera
- High-quality video recording
- Remote viewing anywhere on your Smartphone, tablet or PC
- Built-in security wireless WIFI module for up to 350M transmission
- Two-year free warranty
|Boxed-product weight||7 Kg|
|NVR Specifications||8channel 960p wireless network video recorder. Built-in WIFI module with high-performance & high stability.|
|IP Camera Specifications: Image Sensor||1.0 Megapixel ¼ inch Progressive scan sensor|
|Resolution||HDMI, 1280 x 960|
|IP Camera Specification: Image Sensor||1.0 Megapixel ¼ inch|
|Progressive Scan Sensor Resolution||HDMI 1280 x 960|
|IR LEDs Amount||3 x Array LEDs with IR-CUT function|
|Night vision||100 feet (30M)|
|Day/Night Switch||Double filter automatic|
|Package includes||1 pcs *8CH 960p WIFI NVR IT HDD pre-installed
8 pcs*960 HD WIFI IP cameras
8 pcs*Power Adaptor for 8 pcs IP camera
1 Power Adaptor for WIFI NVR
1 USB Mouse
This 960p HD wireless security NVR system is ideal for the home or small business. It is easy to use and install as there are no wires to bother with. The resolution: 1280 x 960 gives excellent video images. Night vision is included. There is a built-in security dedicated wireless WIFI module with stable signal and strong anti-interference. The system supports up to 350M of transmission over an open area.
Bear in mind that, if you have the system working 24/7 you will need something more than a regular PC hard drive, perhaps the Western Digital CCTV drives.
6. Annke 4CH 960P HD Wireless Security Camera System
At a Glance
- Recorder WIFI kit support Smartphone remote view
- Wireless 960p HD kit, easy to setup, plug-play, auto connection with IP
- 960p HD Network IP camera
- Wireless enhancement technique, anti-interference, long transmission distance
- Strong penetrability through one to four walls in actual measurement
|Item Weight||4.2 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||32.4 x 27.8 x 18 cm|
|Item Model Number||AK-W1VA1-24VA|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Package includes||1 4CH 960p WIFI NVR
1 TB HDD
4 x 960p HD WIFI IP cameras
5 x Power Supply
1 USB Mouse
1 1m Network cable
|NVR specifications||4CH 960P wireless Network video recorder
Support video preview/recording/playback/USB backup
Support the mixed use of wireless and wire, support difference scene
Support 1 SATA port, up to 4TB HDD, 2 USB2.0 port for operation of mouse control, backup, upgrade
|IP Camera||Image Sensor: 1.3 Megapixel 1/3″ Progressive Scan Sensor
Resolution: HD 1280*960P
Night Vision: 3 Array LEDs with IR-CUT filter up to 100ft (30m)
This system makes motion detection easy. The Annke Smart wireless IP camera sends instant emails and alerts to wherever you are once cameras detect any motion.
There is a built in WIFI module, night vision and two WIFI antennas which have high stability and performance. WIFI connection is strong in an open area for up to 1000 feet or 300M. The system is true to plug and play, power on cameras and NVR to connect NVR to the monitor and viewing is ready from the cameras to the monitor. The system can be setup in a matter of minutes. Smart Link automatically sets up communication between the system and your Smartphone.
7. A-ZONE 4CH 960P NVR 1.0MP Wireless CCTV Security Camera System – QR-Code Connection
At a Glance
- Weatherproof, 4 High-Resolution 960H Heavy Duty Metal cameras
- Excellent video quality & clarity
- Transmission distance 36 IR LEDs monitoring at night, open space 100M, with walls 30M.
- Detection range about 80 Ft.
- Enhanced wireless module/motion detection, email alerts for immediate viewing by browser or Smartphone. View & record in widescreen with remote viewing on iPhone, iPad & Android devices.
- Plug & Play, view real-time without loss or delay.
- 2 Year warranty & lifetime support from A-Zone.
- Ethernet ports for wired IP camera connection, USB backup
- Weatherproof IP67 for indoor/outdoor use
|Item Weight||4.6 Kg|
|Item Model Number||AZONE0004|
|Colour||Without hard drive|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|NVR Specifications||– Video Compression: H.264
– Video System: PAL / NTSC
– Resolution: 4CH 960P (1080x 960)
– Playback: 4CH
– Internet port: 4 LAN ports
– Video Output: 1CH VGA, 1CH HDMI
– USB Port: 1 USB 2.0
– HDD: 1 SATA port (3.5, Max 4TB)
|IP Camera Specifications||– Signal system: PAL
– 1/4 1.0MP CMOS sensor
– 2.8mm HD lens
– 36pcs IR LED
– Metal Housing
– IR distance: 25-30m
– Plug type: 3 flat blades UK type plug
– Voltage: 220V
|Package Includes||1 x 4-Channel 130 Million NVR
4 x IP 720P Cameras
1 x USB mouse
1 x 1M network cable(for IP camera code match)
1 x DC 12V/2A power adaptor(for NVR)
4 x DC 12V/1A power adaptor(for IP camera)
1 x Screw bag(for HDD)
4 x Screw bag(for IP camera)
1 x CD User Manual + Quick Start Guide
1 x 2 Year Warranty When Purchased from A-ZONE
Note: Hard drive is NOT included in this list!
The transmission distance of this system over open space is 100M, and through walls it is 30M. The wireless module is enhanced for more stability in transmission. SSID technology guarantees complete safety. Auto code-matching realises convenient real P2P application. Motion detection sends immediate email alerts, which results in multiple simultaneous viewing either by Smartphone or web browser. There are reserved Ethernet ports for wired IP camera connection. View events as they occur in real-time on highly reliable HD video with no loss or delay. The system is conveniently packaged with all the components required such as network cables and a quick start guide with user manual. For your peace of mind, there is also the USB backup feature. Weatherproof IP66 for indoor or outdoor use.
A Few last minute Tips…
Before finding and buying your new surveillance system, let us clear one thing: there is no such thing as the ultimate, best of all times surveillance system. What is “best” for you, may prove lacking to someone else. So, if you want to find what is best for you toy would better consider the following checklist:
- What exactly do you need?
Do you want to monitor general comings and goings? Do you need an indoor and/or outdoor CCTV camera systems? Do you want to see faces? Do you need wireless or wired CCTV security systems? First, specify exactly what you need.
- Check your budget
What is best is what can meet your needs and still be affordable.
- Select the type of camera that suits you, for example:
IP / network etc.
- Decide what type and quality of the Imaging Chip you wish in the camera.
- Select black and white or colour.
What exactly you need to do here is check the light conditions of the spots you want to monitor. A black and white CCTV camera system is usually preferable in low light conditions, while Color is usually preferred for inside use with good lighting conditions.
- Check the camera’s light level and the resolution: The higher the resolution number, the sharper the image will be.
So, what you have to do is answer carefully the questions above, and you will surely find the best surveillance camera – for you!