Table of Contents
- Top Wireless Router in UK
- Best Gaming Wireless Router
- Tri-Band High-End Router with USB 3.0
- Best Designed
- GRYPHON Wi-Fi Router
- DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Wireless Router
- WAVLINK AC3000 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Best WiFi Routers Right Now
- Upgrades powerful 802.11 ac Wi-Fi technology to experience smoother HD streaming and online gaming,...
- Four fixed external antennas provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage; 4 10/100 Mbps...
- Guest network and parental control: Keeps your main network secure by creating a separate guest...
- Easy setup and management with Tether App, available on any Android and iOS device
- Wireless N speed: 300 Mbps Wi-Fi speed meets your daily internet needs; reliable, far-reaching 2.4...
- MIMO technology: 2 x 2 MIMO technology allows the router to run several devices at the same time to...
- Easy bandwidth management: Bandwidth control allocates necessary speed of each connected device to...
- Fast encryption: One-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button; compatible with...
- Ultimate Wireless Speed: Combined wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps (over 2.4 GHz) and 867 Mbps (over 5...
- Three fixed dual band high-performance antennas with a high-powered amplifier ensure the widespread...
- 4 Gigabit Wired Connections: Provide fast, stable connections to all of your favourite wired...
- Guest Network and Parental Controls: Easily keep your main network secure by creating a separate...
1. TP-LINK AC1750 ARCHER C7 – Top Wireless Router in UK
Perhaps the best value-for-money router out there up to this date. Usually, you can find it at a crazy discount on Amazon.
- Internet Gaming
- Live Streaming Videos
TP-LINK Archer C7 is an entry-level router, and the materials used for its construction are not- as expected- of the finest quality. Also, its footprint is wide enough to cause space issues to some buyers. Nevertheless, with 6 antennas in total (3 visible and 3 internal) the device’s performance is quite satisfactory, and the combined speed of 1.75 Gbps is totally welcomed. What is more, this router is dual-band and has a NAS capability present.
In a glance:
2. NETGEAR R7000-100UKS – Best Gaming Wireless Router
The next dual-band router on our list comes from a respectable company with a rich history in the market, Netgear. The model Nighthawk R7000 caught our eye due to the many advantages it offers at such a low price (seen also at CNET.com). It retails at about £xxx, but with the frequent deals on Amazon, you can take advantage of further discounts.
- Internet gaming with less buffering
- High performances with more than two devices connected
- Those who appreciate a robust construction at a decent price
This dual-band router has a minimal design, total black with 3 detachable antennas. The dimensions of the device run a little bit to the big size, so you need to be sure you have a designated place to put it. The performance is high for both bands, 5 and 2.4 GHz, especially for the first one, and the router succeeds to perform really well on various ranges. As for the features, you won’t be disappointed with what you are getting for under £xxx. The router has support for DD-WRT and OpenVPN, while a parental control package is built into the device. Another feature offered, Quality of Service allows you not just see but take hold of the fine-tuning of the device with regards to the downstream and upstream of your connection.
In a glance:
3. ASUS RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band High-End Router with USB 3.0
Asus RT-AC3200 is one of the tri-band routers that really stand out in the marketplace. With features like Tri-Band Smart Connect, a straightforward interface and a much lower price than the initial price tag, this router is a tempting option.
- Intensive tasks through Wifi
- Networks with multiple devices connected
- Those who appreciate the quality of Asus’s extra features
This router has 3 different access points: two 5 GHz capped at 1,300Mbps each and one 2.4GHz capped at 600Mbps. Yes, it’s not a 60Ghz 802.11ad router, if you are in doubt.
The tri-Band Smart Connect Feature enables every wireless device connected to perform to its full potential. Thus it guarantees lag-free online gaming and undisturbed downloading. The transmission signal is one of the best due to the 6 detachable antennas pointing out at different angles. The hardware is powerful, yet bulky and heavy at the same time.
As for the features, they are plenty and useful, such as Air protection, powered by Trend Micro, which protects the entire network from viruses and any kind of malicious software.
In a glance:
4. D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router – Best Designed
D-Link AC3200 is a stylish tri-band router that has the power and the looks to satisfy even the pickiest buyer. Yet, the old saying “you get what you are paying for” is valid here since the price range is high enough to consider this router a high-end product.
- Buyers who pay attention to design
- Fast file-exchanging tasks
- Networks with multiple devices connected
D-Link AC320 is a unique Tri-Band router that stands out from the crowd simply by its looks, let alone the rest features. Caveat emptor: Yet again, an 802.11n not an 802.11ad. The glossy red body signifies the high speed of this router, and it’s a perfect match for you if your pc hardware or the room where you will place it has a vivid splash of red colour. Unfortunately, the 6 black antennas it carries are not detachable, which means you cannot alter their position to fix any discomforting issues that might come up. Another disadvantage is that the device comes with only 4 LAN ports in comparison with the 8 LAN ports some routers of the same price range offer. The device comes with extra features, such as traffic optimisation, advanced SmartConnect and advanced security features. The installation and network management is a piece of cake.
In a glance:
Gryphon ushers in a new age in Wi-Fi routers, a with an app that allows the user tailor its settings to his or her personal needs, as well as those of the entire family while managing the entire network.
- Parents who wish to have the best possible control of their internet connection
If you are not exactly versed in hi-tech bells and whistles, you have nothing to worry about. Gryphon is very easy to set up and easy to manage through your smartphone using the dedicated app. Simple navigation options and step-by-step instructions will guide you through the whole process in no time. Indeed, internet parental control has never been easier.
Still, what really matters is the protection offered by the router, which is even more impressive; 24/7, with security updates on a daily basis, and repeating device scans for possible vulnerabilities – all combined got you covered from any intrusions and malware.
As to parental control, it is by far Gryphon’s most distinguishing trait. Using the app, you will be able to manage the whole network while protecting your kids online. The parental control includes content filtering, full browsing history (even if the kids surf in private windows), bedtimes/homework scheduling, screen time limiting, and safe search enforcement. It also allows you to pause the internet service any time you like, with a simple touch on your smartphone’s interface.
You can also create multiple users, with unrestricted access to the internet for you and limited for the kids.
Its smart mesh Wi-Fi expandable system and 6 high-powered antennas afford amazing content streaming, downloading or uploading, online gaming and browsing. Besides, the Wi-Fi coverage rises to a staggering 3,000sqft, making the most of its advanced Wireless Mesh Technology.
In a glance:
- Brand: GRYPHON
- Weight: 816 g
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 10.9 x 22.9 cm
- Model: 99999
- Connectivity Type: Wi-Fi
- Wireless Type: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 801.11ac
- Voltage: 12 volts
- 3Gbps overall throughput
- Wi-Fi mesh technology
- 4×4 MU-MIMO
- Simultaneous Tri-Band
- 11 b/g/n/AC
- 4 GHz and 5GHz
- 1 WAN Port + 3 Gigabit LAN ports w/Ethernet Backhaul
- Gryphon App requires iPhone/Android Mobile w/Bluetooth LE support
Here we have an ADSL/VDSL2, Ethernet or 3G/4G router, promising excellent connectivity to all sorts of Internet-connected devices through 4 built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports and its Wireless LAN.
- Small offices
- Home businesses
It looks tiny, we know, but you should not let that deceive you. Vigor 2762ac is one of DrayTek’s top wireless routers, for this price range, and we saw plenty that proves it.
Let us begin with the access controls, which are the definition of flexibility. You can schedule as much as 15 timeslots of any given length, recurring on certain days of the week, month or year, and blacklist URLs, individual services and apps you wish to steer clear from.
With a maximum bandwidth of no more than 866Mbits/sec on the 5GHz band, Vigor may seem inadequate to meet your needs. Still, it delivers 10MB/sec at the edges of this nominal coverage, which makes it just perfect for a small office or a house business.
Its pair of USB 2 sockets allow you to share storage across the network via SMB or FTP and connect a printer. You can also connect a 3G or 4G USB modem in case your primary internet connection fails you.
In a glance:
- BT SIN498 MCT Approved
- Ethernet WAN (for cable modems etc.)
- 3G/4G USB Modem Support as primary or backup/failure
- IPv4/IPv6 Dual-Stack
- Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet Ports
- Dual-Band 802.11ac Wireless (‘ac’ models) – New!
- DrayTek Firewall with huge flexibility
- Content Filtering (by keyword, data type or category)
- Quality of Service with App QoS & VoIP Auto QoS
- Dial-out VPN (Two tunnels)
- Dial-in SSL VPN – New!
- 2 Private LAN Subnets (Guest networks etc.) – New!
- VLANs (Port, 802.1q & Wireless) – Info
- Twin USB Ports for 3G/4G modem, storage, printer or Thermometer
- DrayDDNS Service Support – New!
- Optional VigorCare Available
- Can be centrally Managed by VigorACS
- Integrated Voice-over-IP (Vigor 2762Vac)
Wavlink AC3000 (also found as WL-WN533A8) promises strong Wi-Fi signals and speeds of Tri-Band Wi-Fi of up to 3000Mbps. Plus, its 8, 5dBi high gain antennas are not there just for showing-off.
- Homes and Offices
Let’s start with the Smart APP, which enables you to manage your network easily anywhere you may be. You can enable parental control, monitor Internet activity, block unwanted devices and creating Wi-Fi guest networks. Bear in mind, though, initial set up may prove a bit difficult for someone inexperienced in such sort of staff.
AC3000’s most envied trait is obviously its Tri-Band Wi-Fi technology, which is basically one the most advanced ways to boost a network’s bandwidth and improve Wi-Fi speed and number of connections.
Boasting an almost unsurpassable Wi-Fi coverage, AC3000 is equipped with 8, 5dBi High Gain antennas and MIMO technology, thus ensuring amazing signal stability and range. On top of that, MIMO enables the router to connect at the same time with numerous devices, thus minimising waiting time and improving speed.
Its speed of 3000Mbps makes online gaming and 4k video streaming an effortless everyday chore. Another great addition is its Beamforming technology, designed to reduce signal degradation and focus on strengthening Wi-Fi signals while augmenting coverage and improving network performance.
WL-WN533A8’s dual processor and turbo technology also allow you to optimize the network with just one push of a button. It also comes with 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, each of which is 10-times faster than conventional Ethernet ports, maximising the connection speed. On top of that, it has a USB 3.0 port for sharing the data across the network.
In a glance:
1 x 10/100/1000Mbps WAN
4 x 10/100/1000Mbps LAN
1 x USB 3.0
1 x DC Power Jack Port
- Power Supply: DC5V / 4A
- Rated Voltage/ Frequency: input:100-240 Va.c. 50/60Hz
- Dimensions: 235mm x 235mm x 40mm (L x W x H)
IEEE 802.11ac: up to 867Mbps+1733Mbps
IEEE 802.11n: up to 400Mbps
IEEE 802.11g: 54Mbps
IEEE 802.11b: 11Mbps
IEEE 802.11a: up to 54Mbps
- Frequency Band: 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Wireless Security: WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK encryption
- Antennas: 8 x 5dBi Omni Directional Antennas