7 Best Wireless Routers for 2019 in UK
Our Pick for September
- Dual Band WiFi speed: 450 Mbps-over 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps-over 5 GHz; supports 802.11ac standard-the...
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi: Three dual band high-performance fixed antennas with a high-powered amplifier...
- USB Ports: Easily share a printer locally and files and media with networked devices or remotely via...
- Guest network and parental control: Keeps your main network secure by creating a separate guest...
Table of Contents
- Top Wireless Router in UK
- Best Gaming Wireless Router
- Tri-Band High-End Router with USB 3.0
- Best Designed
- Apple 802.11AC Airport Extreme
- Runner-up Gaming Wireless Route
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (3-PACK)
Best Selling Right Now
- Wireless N speed: 300 Mbps Wi-Fi speed meets your daily internet needs; reliable, far-reaching 2.4...
- MIMO technology: 2 x 2 MIMO technology allows the router to run several devices at the same time to...
- Easy bandwidth management: Bandwidth control allocates necessary speed of each connected device to...
- Fast encryption: One-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button; compatible with...
- FAST Wi-Fi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 3500 sq ft wireless coverage with AC3200 speed (Tri band up to...
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 50 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and...
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired...
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 6 amplified antennas,...
- Speed Faster: Gigabit WiFi Router dual band 5G 900 Mbps and 2.4G 300Mbps， maximizing reduces the...
- More Intelligent: patent touchlink technology - When your friend needs to connect to Wifi, just...
- Better Wireless Performance - WAVLINK AC1200 Wireless router external antennas provide...
- Smart App- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive...
1. TP-LINK AC1750 ARCHER C7 – Top Wireless Router in UK
Perhaps the best value-for-money router out there up to this date. Usually, you can find it at a crazy discount on Amazon.
- Internet Gaming
- Live Streaming Videos
TP-LINK Archer C7 is an entry-level router, and the materials used for its construction are not- as expected- of the finest quality. Also, its footprint is wide enough to cause space issues to some buyers. Nevertheless, with 6 antennas in total (3 visible and 3 internal) the device’s performance is quite satisfactory, and the combined speed of 1.75 Gbps is totally welcomed. What is more, this router is dual-band and has a NAS capability present.
In a glance:
2. NETGEAR R7000-100UKS – Best Gaming Wireless Router
The next dual-band router on our list comes from a respectable company with a rich history in the market, Netgear. The model Nighthawk R7000 caught our eye due to the many advantages it offers at such a low price. It retails at about £xxx, but with the frequent deals on Amazon, you can take advantage of further discounts.
- Internet gaming with less buffering
- High performances with more than two devices connected
- Those who appreciate a robust construction at a decent price
This dual-band router has a minimal design, total black with 3 detachable antennas. The dimensions of the device run a little bit to the big size, so you need to be sure you have a designated place to put it. The performance is high for both bands, 5 and 2.4 GHz, especially for the first one, and the router succeeds to perform really well on various ranges. As for the features, you won’t be disappointed with what you are getting for under £xxx. The router has support for DD-WRT and OpenVPN, while a parental control package is built into the device. Another feature offered, Quality of Service allows you not just see but take hold of the fine-tuning of the device with regards to the downstream and upstream of your connection.
In a glance:
3. ASUS RT-AC3200 – Tri-Band High-End Router with USB 3.0
Asus RT-AC3200 is one of the tri-band routers that really stand out in the marketplace. With features like Tri-Band Smart Connect, a straightforward interface and a much lower price than the initial price tag, this router is a tempting option.
- Intensive tasks through Wifi
- Networks with multiple devices connected
- Those who appreciate the quality of Asus’s extra features
This router has 3 different access points: two 5 GHz capped at 1,300Mbps each and one 2.4GHz capped at 600Mbps. Yes, it’s not a 60Ghz 802.11ad router, if you are in doubt.
The tri-Band Smart Connect Feature enables every wireless device connected to perform to its full potential. Thus it guarantees lag-free online gaming and undisturbed downloading. The transmission signal is one of the best due to the 6 detachable antennas pointing out at different angles. The hardware is powerful, yet bulky and heavy at the same time.
As for the features, they are plenty and useful, such as Air protection, powered by Trend Micro, which protects the entire network from viruses and any kind of malicious software.
In a glance:
4. D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router – Best Designed
D-Link AC3200 is a stylish tri-band router that has the power and the looks to satisfy even the pickiest buyer. Yet, the old saying “you get what you are paying for” is valid here since the price range is high enough to consider this router a high-end product.
- Buyers who pay attention to design
- Fast file-exchanging tasks
- Networks with multiple devices connected
D-Link AC320 is a unique Tri-Band router that stands out from the crowd simply by its looks, let alone the rest features. Caveat emptor: Yet again, an 802.11n not an 802.11ad. The glossy red body signifies the high speed of this router, and it’s a perfect match for you if your pc hardware or the room where you will place it has a vivid splash of red colour. Unfortunately, the 6 black antennas it carries are not detachable, which means you cannot alter their position to fix any discomforting issues that might come up. Another disadvantage is that the device comes with only 4 LAN ports in comparison with the 8 LAN ports some routers of the same price range offer. The device comes with extra features, such as traffic optimisation, advanced SmartConnect and advanced security features. The installation and network management is a piece of cake.
In a glance:
Apple’s Airport Extreme is an elegant dual-band router that supports the latest WiFi Standards. With few quid you get a solid product with Apple’s seal.
- Small Spaces
- Those who swear for Apple’s products
- Those who prefer a sleek and minimal look over a bulky one.
Apple’s Airport Extreme is a dual-band router very different from all the others in the market. In essence, it is a white, sleek cylinder with Apple’s trademark placed on top of it, so it doesn’t have the slightest resemblance with the much bulkier, full with poking antennas routers. Apart from the obvious advantage, the beautiful minimal style, it is also practical since it has a small footprint and can find its place easily without causing troubles. Speed performance and range are excellent, but nothing we didn’t expect from Apple.
In a glance:
6. TP-Link AD7200 – Runner-up Gaming Wireless Router
As we climb up the price range, manufacturers pay attention to details, such as the appearance of the models they are working on. TP-Link AD7200 is a fine example of that. Retailing at £xxx after a discount on Amazon, this router meets high expectations. AD7200 is a leap forward from the big player in Wi-Fi industry. It is the first triband router ever with the 802.11ad technology.
- Those searching for the highest possible Wi-Fi performance
- Those who appreciate the extra features and know how to use them to the greatest extent possible
- Made for gaming, internet Café’s and corporate branches
Talon AD7200 is an impressive Wi-Fi machine made for extreme Wi-Fi demands. It employs all the cutting edge technologies to achieve a superb performance. With a 1.4Ghz Dual-core Processor under the hood and technologies such as Multi-User MIMO, the router is ready for heavy LAN traffic. The device can achieve a 7.2Gps utilising all band resources, namely 800Mbps from the 2.4GHz band, 1733Ghz from the 5GHz band and 4600Mbps from the 60GHz band. The presence of 8 external antennas is important for these achievements and the maximisation of the signal range and reception. Bear in mind though that the 60GHz band can penetrate walls. So, the ultra high speeds are not to be expected unless the router and the Wi-Fi receptor are both on a clear line of sight. On the wired side, AD7200 comes with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, apart from the WAN dedicated port, and two USB3 USB ports. Just plug in your portable drive or USB disk to get a fast NAS file server.
In a glance:
7. Google WIFI AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router (3-PACK)
Google WiFi is a fantastic mesh router—or a Wi-Fi system, more precisely—with unique features and great on-line administration capabilities. With distributed topology, high throughput and interface accessible from everywhere, this Wi-Fi solution is indeed another great option.
- Covering large houses where distributed Wi-Fi is inevitable
- Smart home and in-house IOT integration
- Remote administration via Google account
Google WiFi is not a classical router; it is a Wi-Fi system that aims to solve bad reception issues in big houses (up to 4500 square feet) without loads of RF power centralised into a single spot. Though you can order one unit, the most popular is the 3-unit pack. If you want even more coverage, more units can be easily attached to the mesh. The setup is very easy and requires an Android or iOS device and a Google account. The administration interface is accessible from everywhere, without the need of the physical presence of the user on site. Adding and removing devices, addressing bandwidth-hungry users, or even shutting down nodes of the mesh becomes a breeze while controlling the Google WiFi. The connection quality and speed are excellent. The units utilise dual-band for both the connection between them and the datalink with their client devices. The system can deliver up to 450Mbps real, measurable speed from a single unit to a device. 200Mbps can be easily achieved and retained for long-range connections in the 5Ghz band and 70-100Mbps in the 2.4GHz band. Besides the astonishing bandwidth, the device is a sheer pleasure for the eyes. The elegant device has an antenna-less design and an illuminating central line. The system can be connected to Alexa or Google Home and accept voice commands to control smart home appliances or IOT gadgets, i.e. Google’s Nest Series.