7 Best Wireless Security Camera Systems of 2019
Top 3 Best-Sellers right now
- 【Expansionable & Auto-Pair】8 channel NVR recorder allows you add more wifi camera for your...
- 【Enjoy Wireless Freedom】 Wireless security camera system for true plug-and-play installation;...
- 【Cover More Areas 】Set the strong signal cameras as repeaters or apply the included radio...
- 【Customizable Motion Detection】 With Easy-to-use app,you can watch live video to your mobile...
- With advanced H.264+ video compression, SANNCE Wireless CCTV Camera system takes up less bandwidth,...
- With itself 2.4g Wireless signal, Wi-Fi camera and Wireless NVR recorder has paired before shipped,...
- Scanning QR code quick install our free app: SANNCE sight, then you can see what happened no matter...
- Once camera triggered, you will receive real-time push alerts to mobile device or sending a snapshot...
- 【Smart PIR Activated Floodlight & Siren】Besides motion detection, our cctv system are built in...
- 【All-in-one Premium 16'' Large IPS Monitor】Our Advanced 2 in 1 video recorder equipped with...
- 【1080P HD Image & 2 Way Audio】See clarity and sharper details with 2MP(1920*1080)camera, Best...
- 【Auto-Pair 24/7 Wireless CCTV & 2 TB HDD】This home security camera system features truly plug &...
There is much that needs to be considered before purchasing the best wireless security camera for your individual requirements.
We hope that the following information will help clarify matters and give you the opportunity to find the very best system in 2019 in the UK for your needs and to suit your budget.
Wireless CCTVs Reviewed
We reviewed seven so you can pick what suits you best!
|Annke 8CH ProHD||8|
|Arlo Smart Home||4|
|Annke 4CH 960P||4|
1. Annke 8CH ProHD 1080N 960* 1080 CCTV DVR+ 4×1.30 Megapixels
At a Glance
- 30-megapixel weatherproof CCTV camera
- Onvif compatible Hybrid recorder
- Superior 100 ft superior Night Vision
- Email Alert & Motion detection
- Smart recording mode & playback supported
- Amazed Quick QR Code Scan & P2P
- Easy & Quick Remote Access – anywhere in the world
- 4 x HD 1.30 IP66 Professional CCTV cameras, capable of real-time Pro HD video
- 6 mm lens & 60o viewing angle
- View & record with remote viewing on standard web browsers
- No batteries are required
|Item Weight||6 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||37.5 x 19 x 36 cm|
|Item model number||PK-884AAT1T|
|Security kit includes||1× 8CH 1080N DVR, 1TB HDD included|
8× 1.3MP wired cameras
|Specifications||Video compression: H.264 (High Profile) to save storage space|
Encode capacity: 8*1080N@12FPS
Video input/ output: 8CH BNC/ 1CH VGA, 1CH HDMI
Audio input/ output: 4CH RCA/ 1CH RCA
Recording & Playback & Backup resolution: 720P
Playback: 4CH 720P/ 2CH 1080N
Network interface: RJ45 10M/100M
PTZ control: 1*RS485
USB: 2* USB 2.0
HDD: 1*SATA port (support up to 6TB)
Progressive 1/3″ colour 1.3MP image sensor
High resolution: 1280*960P
Built-in IR-cut filter, colour on day, auto switch to B&W at night
Equipped with high-quality LEDs up to 30M night vision
Weatherproof: IP66, indoor & outdoor
With easy and quick remote access there is no longer any difficulty with DDNS and network configuration. You can access your cameras anytime you wish from anywhere in the world.
The motion detection feature enables you to record only when motion is detected. In this way, you can save hard drive storage space and never miss any important event. There is a plug & play setup, access and control. You can use scan QR code on DVR from Annke desired application to access live viewing and playback instantly.
You can backup on USB easily. Display features of HDMI and VGA output. There are multiple recording modes and playback. All systems are CE & FCC certified with UL compliant power supplies.
There is a full year’s guarantee with warranty and lifetime support offered exclusively by Annke via email or phone.
Another feature is the all-in-one 8CH 108ON DVR w/1.3 megapixels HD CCTV camera. The Professional Smart HD security camera system is easy to use, reliable and secure. You can record top-quality widescreen video through 8 1.3 MP hi-resolution cameras. Installation and setup are easily done yourself.
Incredible 4 in one DVR supports Analog, AHD, TVI and IP camera connection. There is full weatherproofing, advanced motion detection, night vision, QR-code scans for easy setup, remote web browser and Smartphone viewing and exceptional long-distance transmission.
2. Arlo Smart Home – 3 HD Security Camera Kit, 100% Wire-Free, Indoor/Outdoor with Night Vision by NETGEAR
At a Glance
- No trailing cables or wiring difficulties
- Motion alerts – notifications & emails if motion detected
- Night vision
- HD quality sharp 720p live video
- Free Cloud storage
|Item Weight||113 g|
|Product Dimensions||4.1 x 6.4 x 7.1 cm|
|Batteries:||4 Lithium Metal batteries required and included|
|Item Model Number||VMS3330-100EUS|
|RAM Size||128 MB|
|Number of Ethernet Ports||1|
|Power Source||Battery operated|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries packed with equipment|
|Box Contains||1 x (3) HD, 100% wire-free, indoor/outdoor cameras with night vision 1 Smart home base station with power adapter|
1 Ethernet cable
4 Magnetic camera mounts
4 Mounting screws
1 Quick start guide
1 Window Decal
The Arlo camera is completely wireless, which makes it ideal for inside or outside use. It is weatherproof with motion detection and night vision for work in the dark. You can add other free apps to view live video at home or away safely. It sends you real-time alerts wherever you are and can capture clips. The HD gives higher detail. Setup is easy, no computer is necessary.
You can add up to 8 cameras as and when required.
Since Arlo records only when motion is detected, no battery gets wasted. The best area for motion detection is 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 – 6 M) from the placement of the camera. Optimal placement for cameras is 7 feet above the ground, aimed downwards slightly.
You can view anywhere with iOS and Android apps. Up to 1 GB, secure cloud storage included. They enable you to view four video streams simultaneously and create and schedule Smart home rules.
3. Zmodo 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 Indoor/ Outdoor Night Vision
At a Glance
- 720P Security Cameras and WD 1TB 3.5 Inch SATA Surveillance HDD
- PoE Technology, e-Cloud
- Smartphone Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access
- Pittsburgh Police “Virtual Block Watch”.
- Up To 70 Days Basic Recording & 300 Days Smart Recording
- Delivers Power & Video in one cable.
- 2 years warranty.
|Item Weight||4 Kg|
|Product dimensions||8.7 x 1.6 x 8.3 cm – 4 Kg|
|Item Model No.||ZPM-KEITO4-S-ITB|
|Connectivity Type||POE Wireless, over IP|
|Box contains||1 NVR|
4 Bullet Cameras
1 Power Adapter
This item has been chosen by Pittsburg Police in Virtual Block Watch Program to fight crime. The all in one, 4 channel NVR kit connects with 4 exterior 720p cameras and setup is easily completed in minutes. These cameras transmit power and video using the same network cable. You only need to connect one cable to each camera. Then plug in the NVR, connect the cameras to the NVR with provided cables and your system will automatically start recording video.
4. DBPOWER Wireless 4CH CCTV DVR Day Night Security Camera Surveillance System 4 digital Cameras with 7″ TFT LCD DVR
At a Glance
- 4CH digital wireless camera & DVR system kit
- Simple installation- no cables required
- 7″ LCD monitor with integrated video recorder
- Supports up to 32GB TF card (not included).
- Supports 4 cameras/ 24hours/7days non-stop overwrite recording
|Boxed-product weight||1.8 Kg|
|Item Model No:||BWYSFG|
|Receiving Frequency:||2.400GHz-.480GHz universal digital|
|LCD Size||7 inch digital screen|
|Resolution||800*3 (RGB) *480|
|Video output||PAL & NTSC|
|Temperature display range||0|
|Reception open distance||300M (1000 feet)|
|Camera Parameters Transmitting freq.||2.400GHz-2.480HGz|
|Universal digital freq. trans. power||17dBm|
|Imaging Device||¼ CMOS image sensor|
|Effective pixels||PLA628(H)x582 (V) NTSC510(H)x492(V)|
|Horizontal resolution||380TV Line|
|Transmission signal||Image, sound|
|Minimum illumination||0Lux (IR ON) /5LUX (IR OFF)|
|Open transmission distance||300M (1000 feet)|
|Package includes||1 Receiver|
1 A/V cable
1 Suction cup holder
This system is easy to install and has no wiring, the 4 channel digital wireless and DVR system is all-digital wireless with no loss of privacy or interference. There is a 7 inch LCD with built-in video recorder. It supports four cameras 24/7, coverage recording without interruption. It has various display modes including manual, circular and four screens. It also features a 15M range of night vision. The product also supports large screen video output. The 32GB TF card is not included in the package.
5. ZOSI 8CH 960P HD WIFI NVR Security Wireless Network Camera System IP Surveillance Camera
At a Glance
- Wireless 8CH 960p NVR without hard disk
- 960p High-resolution IP camera
- High-quality video recording
- Remote viewing anywhere on your Smartphone, tablet or PC
- Built-in security wireless WIFI module for up to 350M transmission
- Two-year free warranty
|Boxed-product weight||7 Kg|
|NVR Specifications||8channel 960p wireless network video recorder. Built-in WIFI module with high-performance & high stability.|
|IP Camera Specifications: Image Sensor||1.0 Megapixel ¼ inch Progressive scan sensor|
|Resolution||HDMI, 1280 x 960|
|IP Camera Specification: Image Sensor||1.0 Megapixel ¼ inch|
|Progressive Scan Sensor Resolution||HDMI 1280 x 960|
|IR LEDs Amount||3 x Array LEDs with IR-CUT function|
|Night vision||100 feet (30M)|
|Day/Night Switch||Double filter automatic|
|Package includes||1 pcs *8CH 960p WIFI NVR IT HDD pre-installed|
8 pcs*960 HD WIFI IP cameras
8 pcs*Power Adaptor for 8 pcs IP camera
1 Power Adaptor for WIFI NVR
1 USB Mouse
This 960p HD wireless security NVR system is ideal for the home or small business. It is easy to use and install as there are no wires to bother with. The resolution: 1280 x 960 gives excellent video images. Night vision is included. There is a built-in security dedicated wireless WIFI module with stable signal and strong anti-interference. The system supports up to 350M of transmission over an open area.
Bear in mind that, if you have the system working 24/7 you will need something more than a regular PC hard drive, perhaps the Western Digital CCTV drives.
6. Annke 4CH 960P HD Wireless Security Camera System
At a Glance
- Recorder WIFI kit support Smartphone remote view
- Wireless 960p HD kit, easy to setup, plug-play, auto connection with IP
- 960p HD Network IP camera
- Wireless enhancement technique, anti-interference, long transmission distance
- Strong penetrability through one to four walls in actual measurement
|Item Weight||4.2 Kg|
|Product Dimensions||32.4 x 27.8 x 18 cm|
|Item Model Number||AK-W1VA1-24VA|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Package includes||1 4CH 960p WIFI NVR|
1 TB HDD
4 x 960p HD WIFI IP cameras
5 x Power Supply
1 USB Mouse
1 1m Network cable
|NVR specifications||4CH 960P wireless Network video recorder|
Support video preview/recording/playback/USB backup
Support the mixed use of wireless and wire, support difference scene
Support 1 SATA port, up to 4TB HDD, 2 USB2.0 port for operation of mouse control, backup, upgrade
|IP Camera||Image Sensor: 1.3 Megapixel 1/3″ Progressive Scan Sensor|
Resolution: HD 1280*960P
Night Vision: 3 Array LEDs with IR-CUT filter up to 100ft (30m)
This system makes motion detection easy. The Annke Smart wireless IP camera sends instant emails and alerts to wherever you are once cameras detect any motion.
There is a built in WIFI module, night vision and two WIFI antennas which have high stability and performance. WIFI connection is strong in an open area for up to 1000 feet or 300M. The system is true to plug and play, power on cameras and NVR to connect NVR to the monitor and viewing is ready from the cameras to the monitor. The system can be setup in a matter of minutes. Smart Link automatically sets up communication between the system and your Smartphone.
7. A-ZONE 4CH 960P NVR 1.0MP Wireless CCTV Security Camera System – QR-Code Connection
At a Glance
- Weatherproof, 4 High-Resolution 960H Heavy Duty Metal cameras
- Excellent video quality & clarity
- Transmission distance 36 IR LEDs monitoring at night, open space 100M, with walls 30M.
- Detection range about 80 Ft.
- Enhanced wireless module/motion detection, email alerts for immediate viewing by browser or Smartphone. View & record in widescreen with remote viewing on iPhone, iPad & Android devices.
- Plug & Play, view real-time without loss or delay.
- 2 Year warranty & lifetime support from A-Zone.
- Ethernet ports for wired IP camera connection, USB backup
- Weatherproof IP67 for indoor/outdoor use
|Item Weight||4.6 Kg|
|Item Model Number||AZONE0004|
|Colour||Without hard drive|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|NVR Specifications||– Video Compression: H.264|
– Video System: PAL / NTSC
– Resolution: 4CH 960P (1080x 960)
– Playback: 4CH
– Internet port: 4 LAN ports
– Video Output: 1CH VGA, 1CH HDMI
– USB Port: 1 USB 2.0
– HDD: 1 SATA port (3.5, Max 4TB)
|IP Camera Specifications||– Signal system: PAL|
– 1/4 1.0MP CMOS sensor
– 2.8mm HD lens
– 36pcs IR LED
– Metal Housing
– IR distance: 25-30m
– Plug type: 3 flat blades UK type plug
– Voltage: 220V
|Package Includes||1 x 4-Channel 130 Million NVR|
4 x IP 720P Cameras
1 x USB mouse
1 x 1M network cable(for IP camera code match)
1 x DC 12V/2A power adaptor(for NVR)
4 x DC 12V/1A power adaptor(for IP camera)
1 x Screw bag(for HDD)
4 x Screw bag(for IP camera)
1 x CD User Manual + Quick Start Guide
1 x 2 Year Warranty When Purchased from A-ZONE
Note: Hard drive is NOT included in this list!
The transmission distance of this system over open space is 100M, and through walls it is 30M. The wireless module is enhanced for more stability in transmission. SSID technology guarantees complete safety. Auto code-matching realises convenient real P2P application. Motion detection sends immediate email alerts, which results in multiple simultaneous viewing either by Smartphone or web browser. There are reserved Ethernet ports for wired IP camera connection. View events as they occur in real-time on highly reliable HD video with no loss or delay. The system is conveniently packaged with all the components required such as network cables and a quick start guide with user manual. For your peace of mind, there is also the USB backup feature. Weatherproof IP66 for indoor or outdoor use.
A Buyer’s Guide for Wireless Security Camera Systems
Home security systems are today one of the most diverse and complicated sub-markets online. The days when security systems and cameras were chosen, installed and supervised exclusively by security firms are long gone. Nowadays, everyone can pick a home security system and install it himself, controlling and supervising it through a smartphone or a tablet.
Still, selecting a wireless security camera that will meet your needs and fit into your budget isn’t exactly easy, especially for people with zero experience or knowledge in surveillance systems and electronics.
Below, we provide a small yet concise guide that will help you simplify your research and make the whole process a lot easier for you.
A Little Background Might Help
The first step to modern-day home security systems was done with IP cameras (internet protocol cameras). An IP camera is a digital video camera that is controlled and sends data through the internet. Contrary to analogue closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, they did not need a recording device – just a local area network, through which they can be accessed.
The first IP cameras weren’t exactly easy to operate since mobile apps controlling them emerged only recently. That forced the manufacturers to design cameras with ever simpler design and operation. And indeed, today, even an electronics newbie can easily install an operate a wireless security camera set.
What to Consider Before Buying a Wireless Security Camera System
Before finding and buying your new surveillance system, let us clear one thing: there is no such thing as the ultimate, best of all times surveillance system. What is “best” for you, may prove lacking to someone else. So, if you want to find what is best for you toy would better consider the following checklist:
- What exactly do you need?
Do you want to monitor general comings and goings? Do you need an indoor and/or outdoor CCTV camera systems? Do you want to see faces? Do you need wireless or wired CCTV security systems? First, specify exactly what you need.
- Check your budget
What is best is what can meet your needs and still be affordable.
- Select the type of camera that suits you, for example:
IP / network etc.
- Decide what type and quality of the Imaging Chip you wish in the camera.
- Select black and white or colour.
What exactly you need to do here is check the light conditions of the spots you want to monitor. A black and white CCTV camera system is usually preferable in low light conditions, while Color is usually preferred for inside use with good lighting conditions.
- Check the camera’s light level and the resolution: The higher the resolution number, the sharper the image will be.
So, what you have to do is answer carefully the questions above, and you will surely find the best surveillance camera – for you!
Webcams & Security cams – Is There a Difference?
Despite the fact that security cameras are now used as an umbrella term that could be easily used for webcams, webcams actually have some distinguishing characteristics.
For example, while both security cameras and webcams provide live video feed via the internet, webcams do not alert the user about a potential danger – which is a major advantage, unless you have the time and energy to watch your smartphone screen all day!
Naturally, the use of a webcam also means that you will get no professional monitoring service.
These limitations often make webcams better for homeowners that aren’t too worried about burglars and are most concerned about checking their pet or having a general idea of what happens in their property during their absence.
Features & Characteristics
- Looks & Design
A decently designed security camera will not stand out; it should blend in and not attract attention. That’s why they usually come in black or white.
Obviously, most modern wireless security cameras use a Wi-Fi network, which means that they need to be installed within a certain range or close to a wireless access point and that their efficiency depends on the strength of your signal and internet speed.
- Power Source
The majority of wireless cameras use a plug-in adapter, which means that you must make use an extension cord or place is close to a power outlet.
Still, several models use batteries or offer that option, while others either have replaceable batteries or use rechargeable ones. Their obvious advantage is that they can be installed anywhere, but you need to keep an eye on their energy levels and constantly make sure that they remain operational.
Most cameras come with bases and/or built-in stands, or solid cylindrical constructions. Some even use magnets and can be easily attached to metallic surfaces. If you want to configure the angle, the type of base is really important.
The vast majority of wireless security cameras are now controlled or accessed on Android and/or iOS devices, many of which with their own dedicated apps, enabling the user to check out the video feed and configure some of their features, including (usually):
- setting motion and sound alerts;
- activating night vision;
- two-way verbal communication, in models with built-in speakers and microphones; this is a great feature that allows you to communicate a message to your pet or to a member of your household in case of an emergency, or even to startle an intruder and scare him off;
- managing activity logs.
While apps are always good news, you need to keep an eye out for their user-friendliness and ease of navigation. Most apps require the creation of an account and log in, as well as certain Wi-Fi information.
- Live Streaming or Video Recording?
Many wireless security cameras provide constant live feed access – usually referred to as “live streaming.” Others are designed to record video clips only when triggered by a sensor, indicating some sort of danger or movement within their radius. Such cameras are surely not suitable for pet watching.
- Video Quality
Video quality is paramount and depends largely on your needs and your budget. HD does not come cheap, and you need to make sure whether you actually need so much detail for your security footage or not.
Note that higher resolution also requires a larger bandwidth and in remote areas or places where internet speed or signal are not at their prime lag times and glitches will be frequent. Better video quality in untethered cameras also means a smaller battery life.
If you want an HD camera but you are not exactly sure of your internet’s performance, make sure to pick a model that allows you to adjust the resolution quality and thus minimise such issues should the need arise. Some wireless security cameras even do that automatically base on the quality of the internet connection.
- Video Storage
This is very important because it greatly affects the practicality and ease of use of the whole system. Having to constantly remove the microSD cards and erase old footage to make room for new is a chore. Cloud storage has made things a lot easier. Wireless security systems with cloud storage store their footage there and allow you to save just what you want to dispose the rest easily, through your mobile device. Unfortunately, this feature sometimes requires a subscription and a small monthly fee.
Bear also in mind that some cameras offer both options (remote and local storage).
- Field of view
Field of view is a term referring to the area covered by your camera. Needless to say, the bigger the field of view is, the better – but that always has a bearing on the price.
- Activity Zones
Some wireless security cameras enable you to set activity zones. You will be able to pick a certain area within the camera’s field of view and tell camera either to ignore it or focus on it, for example, a gate, a doorway, or weak spot in your fence.
- Facial Recognition
Facial recognition is not a standard feature, but it proves really handy for homeowners that wish to take their home security up a notch. Facial recognition distinguishes people from objects and can often recognise a person and let you know about his or her presence, using a pre-stored database of friends and relatives.
- Other Features
Some more sophisticated (and expensive) features come with built-in sirens, arm and disarm modes, voice commands, and compatibility with several protocol languages that allow you to integrate products from different brands. This last one is really handy when you wish to add a new security system to an existing one.